The Queen and Beatles stuff have Freddie, John and George spinning in their graves so fast that it’s affecting the Earth’s gravitational field, and the Dream Theater stuff is just as bad. Highly recommended if you’re up for some comedy and pain at the same time.
A little meme I’m snagging from adrianclark…”Open your MP3 player, select the full playlist, set to random and list the first 10 tracks that come up”.
1. Jeff Wayne – Thunder Child (from Jeff Wayne’s War of The Worlds)
2. Dreamscape – Short Time News (from The End Of Silence)
3. Nightwish – The Riddler (from Oceanborn)
4. Joe Satriani – With Jupiter In Mind (from Crystal Planet)
5. Atheist – No Truth (from Piece of Time)
6. Bon Jovi – Love Ain’t Nothing But A Four Letter Word (from 100,000,000 Bon Jovi Fans Can’t Be Wrong, Disc 4)
7. Jellyfish – Let ‘Em In That’s Why (Live) (from Bellybutton)
8. Porcupine Tree – Cure For Optimism (from Recordings)
9. Slayer – Born of Fire (from Seasons In The Abyss)
10. Led Zeppelin – Moby Dick (from The Song Remains The Same)
Pretty diverse. I like that. 🙂
Of course, there’s still the other 7,425 songs on the list, but what the hell.
How was my year? Well, boring for the most part. Got a boring-arsed job in January, went to see Dream Theater (and met up with a fair amount of the UKMGers on my LiveJournal Friends list; top chaps the lot of ’em, and I still owe Trev Ridney a pint. 😉 ), eventually left the job, bummed about on the dole for a while, started Ninjutsu up in Glasgow, making several new friends in the process, saw G3 with old pal Steven and UKMGers Mark, Pablo and Paul, became happy as my friends Ryan and Sharon became parents to a bouncing baby boy named Charlie, and had a musical explosion towards the end of the year as I joined a band, played my first gig with them and got back in touch with some old college pals out of the blue, leading to securing me a week-long job as their producer/engineer for the debut EP of their band. 🙂
So, in short, DT, new pals, G3, Ninjutsu, end of year music = good.
Old job, getting lots of job knockbacks, still being single = bad.
2004 Overall = meh, with occasional highlights.
At least 2005 is going to start well; the production/engineering thing kicks off a fortnight on Monday. Woo! 😀