Here’s the bad boy in question; the camera-equipped Motorola E365.
I also got my Voices UK Membership Pack in today, and the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection 3-DVD set. So, in honour of The Nature Boy, I’d just like to say…
I’m pulling my finger out and getting a band together, finally. I’ve not gigged since April and I want to play more. So it’s happening, come hell or high water. Got a bassist and lead guitarist lined up, and the other guitarist knows an excellent female singer, so if she comes on board, all we need to do is get a drummer (at a pinch Steven could probably suffice, but I’d like someone better on the skins than he is) and the ball can FINALLY get rolling.
Christ knows how I’d squeeze it in around work. I’ll probably end up getting sacked due to late arrivals, sleepyness due to rehersals the previous night etc. Ah well, if that happens I’d have more time to work on music. 🙂
Here’s something that fleetfootmike had on his blog a few days ago…
“Assuming your neighbours are out of town and you wanna crank it up to 11 and dance around the house in your underwear, whats the top 5 tunes you’d rattle the siding off of the house with?”
In no particular order, and off the top of my head…
Actually, I’m going to alter this slightly. I’m going to do five of my favourite bands, and name an ‘underwear singalong’ tune for each of ’em.
1. Dream Theater – A Change Of Seasons. Of course, this wouldn’t work if the folks next door have just popped out for a pint of milk.
2. Opeth – Deliverance. More to rock out to the fantastic final three minutes in my scants, really, but has some fab sing/grunt-a-long sections.
3. Transatlantic – Duel With The Devil or Stranger In Your Soul. Neal Morse is such a good songwriter. It’d be criminal not to have something of his on here. Lots of the stuff from Spock’s Beard’s Snow could fit nicely in here as well.
4. Devin Townsend – Storm. If you’ve heard it, you know how cool this song is. It has some personal significance too, but it’s still a great song to yodel along to. Honourable mention to Life off Ocean Machine and All Hail The New Flesh off SYL’s City.
5. Bon Jovi – Livin’ On A Prayer. It’s in the rules.